Identity theft occurs when a criminal uses another person's personal information to take on that person's identity. Identity theft is much more than misuse of a Social Security number-it can also include credit card and mail fraud. If you think you may be a victim of identity theft, click the "View Now" button below.





I was involved in a minor accident (yesterday, last week, last month) and I never called the police. Now my insurance company wants me to file a police report. You can still file a "Self Reporting Accident Report". Click the "DOWNLOAD" button below.



PHONE CALLS - Harassing/Threatening

I have been receiving harassing / threatening phone calls at my home, do I call the police, or the phone company?




I was involved with the police and I was unhappy with the police officers conduct and I would like to complain.

Some complaints, such as rudeness or discourtesy, will normally be handled by the officer's immediate supervisor or shift commander. Complaints deemed to be serious will be handled by Internal Affairs. You can contact Internal Affairs by coming in person to C.P.D. Headquarters, or call and ask to speak to the Internal Affairs Office. Also, you can download the both the "Complaint Pamphlet" and "Complaint Form" below.



We’ve all forgotten a name, where we put our keys, or if we locked the front door. It’s normal to forget things once in a while. However, forgetting how to make change, use the telephone, or find your way home may be signs of a more serious memory problem.

Everyone who has ever been lucky enough to have their parents reach old age has experienced the pain of watching their once-competent parents decline. We all know it is a part of life, there are no words that can prepare us for the sorrow. Reach out for help from family and friends, and the officers of CPD. The Alzheimer's registration, or the R.U.O.K? program may be a small piece of mind during this time your dealing with.



If you have been a victim of a crime, we strongly encourage you to report it.  We understand that fear and confusion can often be experienced and that coming forward can be difficult.  Fortunately, there are many resources available that can assist you deal with your experience.




CPD Information Center



The listing/linking of these various web pages and other links do not in anyway constitute sponsorship or endorsement. Links are for user convenience only.

Link to US Department of Homeland Security


Link to Ready America



Finger printing will only be done by appointment on Mondays from 9:15am to 10:00am and Thursdays from 2:15pm to 3:00pm.

Individuals requesting to be finger printed must be a Cumberland resident and have a valid form of identification. You must call the Cumberland Police Department Detective Division (401-333-2500) to schedule an appointment.

Note: School employees, adoptive parents, massage therapy license must present a check or money order in the amount of forty dollars ($40.00) made out to the Cumberland Police Department at their appointment. Applicants who have their own fingerprint cards need to bring identification and a check or money order for the amount of twenty dollars ($20.00) made out to the Cumberland Police.


TR-5 form or VIN checks are done Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm. You need to bring the vehicle, title and cash fee. Cumberland residents are charged $15.00 and non-residents $20.00. All monies must be in cash and the exact fee is only accepted. The clerk can not make change.



Although we would like registrations during normal business hours, [8:00am - 4:00pm] it can be done at anytime.

If you have ever been convicted of a Sex Offence, you may be required to register under Rhode Island Law as a sex offender.

You will need to check with our department to see if the sex offense for which you were convicted requires registration today. IT IS A CRIME TO FAIL TO REGISTER.


The Cumberland Police Department will accept all businesses and non-business criminal check complaints. All complainants must comply with the necessary criteria prior to submitting their complaint with the Cumberland Police Department, pursuant to RIGL-19-9-26.

    The complainant must make all reasonable attempts to collect said restitution.

    The complainant must send the person notice of the complaint via certified mail, return receipt requested. The notice will advise the person that they have seven (7) days from the date of the notice to make restitution.

    The complainant must wait for the return of said certified mail receipt.

    The complainant will provide the police with as much known information about the person who wrote the check, such as address, date of birth, social security number and driver’s license number.

    The complainant will provide the original worthless check at the time of their complaint.

    The Cumberland Police will only collect the face value on the amount of the check. All bank and mailing fees will be the responsibility of the complainant to collect.



    CPD receives many requests for station tours from Boy & Girl Scouts of America, area schools and many other organizations. We welcome the tours and arrangements can be made by contacting Police Administration at 401-333-2500 ext.3410 during normal business hours.




    The Cumberland Police Department has certified officers that are specially trained in assisting you with the installation of car seats. Call us at 401-333-2500 and asked to speak to the officer-in-charge to schedule an appointment. As a guide the following is an excerpt from The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration about car seats.

    Use car seats designated for infants below 20 pounds.
    Use only the rear facing position.

    Use only car seats or systems designated for children below 40 pounds.
    Use only forward facing position.
    Children up to about 40 pounds or 40 inches should be kept in car seats and not moved to adult seatbelts or booster seats.

Cumberland, RI Police Department
1380 Diamond Hill Road Cumberland, Rhode Island 401.333.2500