Cumberland Police News
Citizens Police Academy 2013
For information about the upcoming Citizens Police Academy
Help Prevent Crime
The Cumberland Police Department is committed to maintaining a safe and crime free community. This is a goal of our department as well as all those in law enforcement. To help us achieve our goal we ask the community to help out. Following a few simple tips and being diligent and observant in your daily activities will help keep the Town of Cumberland safe and Crime Free!
Tips for Preventing Crime
- Keep the doors and windows of your home locked when you are away.
- Lock doors of your vehicles overnight.
- Don't leave expensive items such as GPS devices, cell phones or computer tablets in your car. Thieves look for these items.
- Report suspicious activity. No one knows the regular habits and schedules of your neighborhood better than you. If you see something out of the ordinary...give us a call.
- Talk to your neighbors. Keep your eyes open and look out for one another.
The Town of Cumberland is a great place to live. Lets all help keep it that way!
ceroa the Cumberd Town Hall on January h and will be assigned to the rol Division.
RI Traffic Safety News
New Child Passenger Safety Law
- Children under age eight (8) years old, less than fifty-seven (57) inches (4 feet, 9 inches) tall and weighing less that 80 lbs. (max weight limit of a booster seat) must be transported in any rear seating position of a motor vehicle and properly restrained in a child restraint system.
- Children between the ages of 8 through 12 as a passenger in any seating position shall be properly wearing a safety belt.
Have You been in an Accident?
We hope not ...but if you have, you can download a State Accident form at the DMV.RI website or follow this link
These documents are only available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. To view PDF files, you must have a PDF reader.
The Cumberland Police Department is now accepting applications for a Dispatcher. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age, and possess a high school diploma or GED. Candidates must be dependable, proficient in data entry, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and work well under pressure.
The Town of Cumberland is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women and minorities to apply.
Applications may be picked up at: Cumberland Police Department, 1380 Diamond Hill Road, Cumberland, RI or downloaded using the link below.
Dispatcher Job description may be downloaded here:
Download Application Here:
Applications must be returned by
Friday, June 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status.
All prior applicants must re-apply.
Manville Rd. Bridge Re-Opened
The Manville Bridge at the bottom of Manville Hill Rd. has been re-opened. Please check back as further construction is scheduled.
Motorist with questions can contact RIDOT's Customer Service office at (401)222-2450 weekdays from 7:30am to 4pm. Additional information can be found on RIDOT's social media sites Twitter and Facebook.
Do you need a copy of a Police Report?
To further enhance the Cumberland Police Department's commitment to transparency we have instituted guidelines to help you more easily obtain public records.
Click here to review our guidelines and download Public Records request forms
Need a copy of a Cumberland Police Crash Report?